The town is well-known mainly for its monastery established probably already in 1144 by Vladislav II. The most important time of the monastery is 13th and 14th century. On the other hand the monastery was completely desolated during the Thirty Years’ War. After that it was rebuilt into the Baroque appearance in 17th century. During the 19th century the monastery became a chateau.